Thursday, August 18, 2011

Los Cantaritos



1001 S 52nd St
Rogers, AR 72758
(479) 273-0011

Food: 4 Sporks (out of 5)
Service: 3 Sporks
Atmosphere: 3 Sporks
Price: 2 Sporks
Worth Returning: Yes
Full Bar: Yep
Coke or Pepsi: Coke
Sweet Tea: No
Patio: No

I try to improve my Spanish every chance I get.  Recently, I leaned that “los cantaritos” is the name of little clay pots used to serve things like salsa or tequila drinks.  I also found out that it is the name of one of the newest Mexican food restaurants located in Rogers on 52nd Street next to the Pepsi offices.
The first time I visited Los Cantaritos, my wife and I dropped in late one afternoon on our way to a Naturals Game. My office is just up the road from the there and some folks I work with told me that the food was good, BIG understatement.  The food here is very very good.  My wife and I each ordered combination plates, enchiladas, taco, rice, and beans.  The flavors were very good and reminded me of some of the Tex-Mex restaurants I visited in San Antonio and Austin.  Plus, they serve my favorite type of refried beans, with whole frijoles still in the mix, YEAH.
The next week a work buddy and I went there for lunch.  He ordered the taquitos, similar to flautas.  I ordered the Burrito Machaca, shredded beef with an egg cooked in.  Sounds odd, but boy howdy it was good, and the thing was GARGATUAN. 
Los Cantaritas is a must visit on your quest for great Mexican Food in Northwest Arkansas.  The owner is very welcoming and almost always greets you at the door.  The wait staff is also very friendly and ready to make recommendations when you need them.  The atmosphere isn’t the greatest. But did I mention they have a full bar, atmosphere issue fixed.  Los Cantaritos is mui bueno.  Check it out.  
Reviewed by our very own "Buffet Buster".  (Do you have a review that you would like to share? Send it our way to foodfinds@gmail.com. 
Los Cantaritos on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. We tried Los Cantaritos in Rogers and found everything we tried extremely well prepared. The salsa was some of the best we have ever had. The fajitas were excellent and actually enough for two people. Prices are great and service is outstanding. For sure we will be going back and would definately recommend Los Cantaritos.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: