Monday, September 19, 2011

Mellow Mushroom



5205 Village Pkwy (Village on the Creeks)
Rogers, AR 72758
(479) 464-8008

Food: 3.75 Sporks (out of 5)
Service: 2 Sporks
Atmosphere: 4 Sporks
Price: 4 Sporks
Worth Returning: Yes        
Coke or Pepsi: Coke          
Sweet Tea: Yes
Patio: Yes


Being from Atlanta (MM originated in ATL and was known as being this quirky college joint with great pizza) I was very excited to see Mellow Mushroom opening in NWA. After several attempts to get a table at the new Rogers location we finally made it in for an early lunch (Sept 4th). The place is expansive with bar seating, patio seating, tables and plenty of booths. We were quickly seated and served our drinks and placed our order. We tried the Magical Mystery Tour and the Red Skin Potato pie.

The MMT pie is a veggie pie with portabella, button mushrooms, spinach, mozz, feta and jalapenos on a pesto base. The pizza was delicious with a great balance of toppings to crust. The jalapeno’s while odd for this style pizza really complemented the other elements of the pizza. We chose the Red Skin Potato pie (also topped with apple wood smoked bacon) since we had never tried potatoes as a topping and while I was suspect at first I have to say this could have been my favorite. I say could have because the pie was topped with a swirl of sour cream sauce and spicy ranch. These sauces overwhelmed the pie and the spicy ranch was entirely too sweet for my taste. I would order this pie again and ask for the sauces on the side.

On to the crust! WOW, I loved this crust which I believe is a blend of wheat & white flour and basted with butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese. This is not a crust to discard, thick and chewy on the edges but thin enough in the middle to accommodate the toppings without over powering them.

Finally MM has a great selection of beers including draft and bottle with rotating regional specials. I would love to tell you that our experience was flawless but I have to point out that service was suspect as we had to chase down our server for beverage refills. Overall loved the pizza and look forward to happy hour and trying some new brews.
Mellow Mushroom on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. The only time I was there service was poor!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: