Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kosmos Greekafe


kosmos

2136 N College
Fayetteville, AR 72703
(479) 521-7482

Food: 3 Sporks (out of 5)
Service: 3 Sporks
Atmosphere: 2 Sporks
Price: 3 Sporks
Worth Returning: Yes        
Coke or Pepsi: Pepsi          
Sweet Tea: Yes
Patio: No


I don’t  know but maybe I have never had bad Greek food even though I have tried it across the country albeit not very many times. I recently found myself in the mood for something different and Greek sounded like a good option. We made our way to Kosmos on N College and settled on the Pork Souvlaki plate ($7.99) with fries and a side Greek salad ($1.99). I generally stick to the combo plates but Kosmos does not offer that option. Kosmos is set up as a fast casual restaurant with counter service and self serve drinks. Place your order, pay, and grab a number for your table where your food will be delivered.
Pork Souvlaki

The pork was well seasoned with Greek spices and served on wooden skewers with your choice of fries or rice. The fries were also dressed in a similar Greek seasoning as the pork which added another dimension to the shoe string potatoes. We also ordered the side of Tzatziki (“Z” sauce) and pita. The “Z” sauce was thick and creamy with and perfect for spreading on the warm pita. My friend enjoyed the Gyro with fries and was very happy with his meal.

The atmosphere is definitely not the draw here with limited d├ęcor, crappy music, tables and chairs, that’s about it. This is a great alternative to the local fast food options for a change of pace.    
Kosmos Greekafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Seems to be big with the vegetarian crowd too, though I am not sure what they have for vegetarians. Maybe falafel? Anyway, I am thinking about writing a piece on this for my Northwest Arkansas vegetarian blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: