Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pit Master’s BBQ


100 N Dixieland (Frisco Station Mall)
Rogers, AR 72756
(479) 202-5344

Food: 3.5 Sporks (out of 5)
Service: 4 Sporks
Atmosphere: 2 Sporks
Price: 3 Sporks
Worth Returning: Yes
Coke or Pepsi: Coke
Sweet Tea: Yes
Patio: No

http://www.facebook.com/pitmastersbbq


Being a BBQ fanatic I am always on the prowl for some good que. Having recently experienced some great BBQ in Dallas at Lockhart Smokehouse I was pleased to stumble upon a coupon deal for Pit Master’s located in the Frisco Station Mall. Yes, there I said it BBQ in a mall and Frisco Mall at that! I cannot remember the last time I visited Dixieland I mean Frisco Station mall but needless to say it’s been a long time.

So our group all armed with half off coupons headed over for lunch and browsed the menu and settled on the three meat combo with 2 sides and bread. Anyone with any que “IQ” would appreciate a pit masters skills in cooking ribs, pork, and brisket as all present their own challenges. The ribs were larger St. Louis style ribs and cooked to the point of “falling off the bone.” Now most people see this as a good thing but I prefer the meat to offer a slight tug from the rib bone as do most competition cooks. The flavor was there and the ribs were neatly trimmed to eliminate most of the fat and served without sauce (as all good BBQ should). The brisket was moist and very tender almost to the point of falling apart which again should offer some resistance when pulling apart. The pork was nearly perfect for me with great moisture and flavor. Sauce is on the table and reminds me of a Southern style with a slight vinegar and pepper profile. In speaking to the server I was informed that the meats are all smoked over mesquite which is a difficult wood for smoking as it offers such a strong flavor profile if not done right.

The sides were good not great with the beans being my favorite of those I tried. A slice of plain Texas toast accompanies the plate meals which is typical of Texas style BBQ. Thursdays enjoy all you can eat ribs for $11.99 which is a ridiculous price and you can also find other specials on their Facebook page. Check out Pit Master’s BBQ where we were all pleasantly surprised by the quality of the que and will be added to our list of lunch spots in NWA.

Pit Masters BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: